After two months of using this for gaming (CS:GO, PUBG, and more), streaming, web-browsing, downloading, and using cloud applications, I can confidently say that this is the best USB WiFi adapter dongle that goes up to 300Mbps that you can get for a cheap $10. It also has a green LED light indicator that shows you if the dongle is enabled. Apparently this USB adapter is even faster than my original built-in WiFi on my Lenovo laptop! It has great range and I have only experienced two times where the WiFi drops in the two months of using it daily. So if you can get it in your area for $10, GO GET IT NOW!
NOTE: Get the v3 edition which is the newest and best version.
- Great WiFi coverage and range compared other $10 WiFi adapters
- AMAZING WiFi speeds compared to other $10 USB WiFi adapters
- Plug & Play (this means that it will auto install necessary drivers for you to directly use without setup)
- Has a dedicated button for WPS functionality
- SoftAP Mode that turns a wired internet connection to a PC or Laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bigger size than the average WiFi USB dongle (cannot leave it on a laptop at all times)
- The plastic material scratches
So recently my built-in laptop wifi adapter broke and I had no way to reliably connect to the internet. While searching online for a replacement, I stumbled upon a couple of choices
- Xiaomi Pocket Mi WiFi USB router/adapter
- Ralink 802.11n USB Wireless adapter
- TP-Link Nano USB Wireless Adapter (TL-WN725N v3)
- TP-LINK TL-WN823N N300 v3 Wifi adapter
Out of the list I decided to get the Xiaomi, Ralink, and the TP-Link TL-WN823N N300 v3 to see and compare which one is best. You can view the review for each product by clicking the link above.
Long story short, out of all of the three I purchased, the TP-Link TL-WN823N N300 v3 300Mbps Mini Wireless N USB Adapter is my favorite!
Design & Quality
It is glossy plastic and easy to scratch and pretty big compared to other WiFi adapters at the same price (this is bigger because of the dedicated button it has).
However I like the indentation for your thumb so that you can easily plug/unplug the adapter.
On the WiFi adapter, there is also a dedicated button for easy WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) connection to your wifi. (Note: I rarely use this feature, and I bet you guys rarely use this feature too. But it is nice to have though..)
- Up to 300Mbps speed which is amazing for streaming, gaming, and web browsing.
- MIMO technology that allows reliable high performance with less lag
- WPS Button to easily setup a secure wireless connection
- SoftAP Mode to turn a wired internet connection to a PC or Laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot
- Works with existing IEEE 802.11n/b/g networks
It must be said that there are many reviews online saying that this product is bad. I’m not sure what happened to them, but it might be because they have bought the previous versions of the adapter.
I personally got the third version (v3) and has experienced only two experiences of WIFI drops and a quick troubleshoot fixed it in less than 10 minutes. So buy it only if you are sure that it is the third version.
There are two signs to see if it is the third version (v3)
1. From the packaging:
2. From the font and logo they use on the front of the adapter
Should I buy it?
- Gaming? YES!
- Streaming? YES!
- Web Browsing? AMAZING!
Playing CS:GO and PUBG works flawlessly with great upload and download speeds.
This device also has great range (better than my Lenovo laptop) and so it is easy to get great signal even though you are a bit further away from the router.
After using this for two months I can confidently say that the TP-Link TL-WN823N N300 v3 300Mbps Mini Wireless N USB Adapter is my go-to wireless adapter for all of my needs.